The Alliance Against Discrimination and ProLGBT the two major LGBTI organizations in Albania have the pleasure to invite you at the 4th edition of Tirana Gay Ride. This is the 4th consecutive year that human rights activists and their allies organize this public event in the center of Tirana.
We will march this year for these reasons:
- For all of those young LGBTI who are forced to leave their homes or who face systematically domestic violence
- For all LGBTI people who are forced to live a double life and hide their own identity
- To protest for all promises never kept by the government.
- We were promised that the public institution were going to be on our side in a long awareness campaign but until now the awareness process has been done only by the organizations.
- The government promised also to legalize the same sex partnership following the recommendations of Council of Europe but after two years this is still just a promise never kept.
- We will march because we want to stop the violence and injustices inside families, schools, employment, and everywhere they happen.
What will happen?
We will meet at 3 p.m. of may 17th at Mother Teresa Square. “Ecovolis” will provide bikes for everyone. We will than bike at the Boulevard of Martyrs and continue till the end of “King Zog I” boulevard. In return, we will walk and go back to Mother Teresa Square to celebrate with music by D.J and refreshments.
For All Of Them Wwo Have Not Left A Way To Raise Their Voice
Considered by “The Economist” as “a creative solution” this manifestation is a way to publicly raise issues of LGBTI community.
Alliance against discrimination of LGBT (Aleanca LGBT)
Video 2014: https://vimeo.com/66421977
Video 2015–preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDYQcNxtcGE